Department: Police Department – Animal Control
Date Requested: March 13, 2017
Date needed: ASAP
Job Title: Assistant Kennel Master
Salary: $30,272.00 per year
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Certified to euthanize or tranquilize animals
- Work with animals without undue fear or apprehension
- Knowledge of tranquilizing equipment and use of same
- Able to withstand abnormal sights (dead and mutilated animals)
- Understand animal disease and preventative measures while managing kennel
- Able to work afternoons, weekends, and overtime
- Feed and care of all animals confined to the shelter and visual inspection of the building and its equipment.
- Feed and water animals and clean kennel area on weekends and holidays
- Euthanize or tranquilize sick or injured animals when necessary
- Inform Kennel Master of any irregularities while on duty in kennel area
- Exposure to possible bites from vicious or diseased animals. Physically strenuous activity involving handling of food, supplies, and animals. Mental stress associated with the euthanizing of animals.
Position will be posted internally only from March 13, 2017 until March 17, 2017. If the position is not filled internally it will be held open for external applications an additional ten (10) days. The position will remain posted until filled or no more than 10 days.